V4HD Press Release
NEW MOTU V4HD VIDEO I/O SUPPORTS FULL-RASTER PRORES WORKFLOW
LAS VEGAS, NV – NAB SHOW 2008 — MOTU, Inc. has unveiled the V4HD, a successor to their award-winning V3HD FireWire video I/O and converter for Mac and Windows. The V4HD provides all the same features as the V3HD along with additional new features, including support for full-raster ProRes workflow with Final Cut Pro. The V4HD will replace the V3HD at the same price.
With Final Cut Pro, the V4HD now provides full-raster 1920 x 1080 (or 1280 x 720) HD capture and playback using Apple's ProRes 422 codec in both standard and HQ modes. Final Cut users can ingest an uncompressed SDI or component HD source and then capture and edit in ProRes while monitoring their ProRes timeline in HD and SD simultaneously via the V4HD's hardware-accelerated up- and down-conversion.
"Full-raster ProRes support was the number one requested feature from Final Cut users," said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing for MOTU. "So we now offer this with the V4HD. When you add ProRes to the already impressive feature list and connectivity of its predecessor, the V4HD is the ideal all-in-one video capture solution for any Apple ProRes workflow."
Other new features include support for VITC and D-VITC, support for NTSC closed captioning and a quieter fan. All features from the V3HD have been brought forward, including:
- Comprehensive HD and SD video input and output connectivity
- Broadcast quality 10-bit 4:2:2 signal path, 10-bit processing and 12-bit A/D/A converters
- Support for all standard 720 and 1080 HD formats up to (and including) 1080p30
- Broadcast quality hardware-accelerated up- and down-conversion with pull-down insertion
- Simultaneous monitoring of any input source or computer output in both HD and SD
- Hardware-accelerated DVCProHD capture and playback with Final Cut Pro (Mac) or Premiere Pro CS4 (Windows)
- Capture and monitoring of uncompressed 8-bit or 10-bit SD in all formats
- Stand-alone operation with convenient front panel control, including conversion and distribution of any chosen input source to all outputs
- Comprehensive synchronization and device control support, including time code in/out, large front panel time code LED, video ref in/thru, Sony 9-pin machine control and audio word clock in/out
- Four 8-channel banks (32 channels) of simultaneous audio I/O (analog, AES/EBU digital, optical and embedded) with on-board digital mixing
- Comprehensive front panel video status LEDs and audio I/O metering
- Field upgradable firmware via USB
- Control software and drivers for both Mac and Windows
Press contact: Jim Cooper
Phone: (617) 576-2760
FAX: (617) 576-3609
MOTU is a leading developer of computer-based video and audio production software and hardware peripherals. MOTU and Mark of the Unicorn are registered trademarks of Mark of the Unicorn, Inc. Other products mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.