As a state-of-the-art video interface, the V4HD offers unprecedented audio features, including 32 channels of audio capture and playback (four 8-channel banks), 8 channels of analog, 8 channels of AES/EBU and optical digital, and support for 8 channels of SDI and HDMI embedded audio I/O.
For analog and AES/EBU, the V4HD provides four channels of professional XLR jacks directly on the rear panel. If you need to work with more than four channels, you can connect an industry standard (Tascam format) DB25 to XLR or 1/4-inch breakout cable (sold separately).
Eight channels of optical I/O lets you connect the V4HD to a wide range of audio gear. For example, you can connect a MOTU 8pre interface to the optical input to add 8 microphone inputs to the V4HD for direct multi-channel audio capture on location.
On-board digital mixer
The V4HD is equipped with a complete 32 x 32 on-board digital mixer, allowing you to quickly route any combination of inputs to outputs. This is a bona fide monitor mixer complete with 16 stereo busses, and panning, mute and solo on all input channels. Multiple mix outputs can share inputs, giving you complete flexibility for any audio mixing application. Transfer from any audio format to any other audio format with zero latency.
The V4HD CueMix audio mixer makes it a snap to embed or de-embed SDI audio — or embed audio in the HDMI output. For example, you can bring in eight channels of XLR analog input and route it to the SDI output bank as you output video to the SD-SDI and HD-SDI outputs as shown in this example. The V4HD has been meticulously engineered to ensure that incoming audio and video remain perfectly in sync, down to the sample.
V4HD audio feature highlights
- 32 channels of simultaneous audio input and output (four 8-channel banks: analog, AES/EBU, optical and embedded)
- 8 channels of analog in/out at all standard sample rates from 44.1 to 192kHz
- 4 x XLR analog in/out -- 4-channel direct connection without a breakout cable
- 8 channels of AES/EBU digital in/out at sample rates up to 96kHz
- 8-channel HD-SDI and SD-SDI embedded audio in/out, 24-bit at 44.1 or 48kHz
- 8-channel HDMI embedded audio output, 24-bit at 44.1 or 48kHz
- 8-channel ADAT optical digital audio in/out -- includes a second bank of optical connectors for 8-channel operation at sample rates up to 96kHz
- Front panel headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- CueMix DSP™ built-in monitor mixer -- 32-channel, 16-bus mixer for monitoring live inputs from cameras, mic preamps or other audio sources with no delay. Set up send/return loops to digital mixers and outboard audio processing.
- Multiple CueMix DSP mixes -- create 16 separate stereo monitor mixes (8 stereo at 176.4 or 192kHz) for main outs, headphones, outboard gear send/return loops, etc.
- Audio delay compensation -- both fully automated and programmable controls ensure that audio always remains perfectly in sync with picture
- Audio only mode -- operates as a 24 channel cross-platform audio interface
- Stand-alone operation -- mix and monitor with no computer connected